T20 World Cup 2024: Rishabh Pant unveils a distinctive condition that teams should adapt in the US

The Indian cricket contingent initiated their inaugural comprehensive practice session in New York preceding the T20 World Cup 2024, with Rishabh Pant participating in his initial training stint with the national team in over a year.

Rishabh Pant reveals the US playing conditions

In a video shared by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), Pant expressed his longing for playing on the Indian team, emphasizing the joy of practicing, donning the Team India jersey, and relishing camaraderie with teammates.

“This is one thing I missed a lot (practising with the Indian team and playing for them). Getting back on the field with the Indian jersey on, it is a different feel altogether and this is something I missed a lot. I think seeing the teammates and meeting them again, spending time, having fun with them, enjoying having conversations, really enjoying it,” Pant said in a video.

Pant also noted the challenge of adapting to the conditions in the USA, citing the unfamiliarity of teams with playing in the country as a potential hurdle.

“We are used to playing in certain countries but this is a different prospect. It has opened up a different channel for sport because I feel cricket is growing around the world and getting in a country like the US and getting the exposure here would be nice for cricket as well as USA cricket I guess,” he added.

“New pitches are there, just getting used to this condition. I think the sun is brighter here, so just getting used to conditions over here and let us see how it goes. Hopefully, I make it count and make it more better from here,” Pant concluded.

Also READ: Australia veteran Nathan Lyon predicts the finalists of T20 World Cup 2024

Rishabh Pant’s comeback

Following a tumultuous event in December 2022, Pant embarked on an extraordinary journey, re-entering the cricket arena after undergoing a gruelling 16-month rehabilitation period. Faced with a disastrous accident on the road, Pant sustained numerous injuries and faced an uncertain future in the cherished sport.

Also READ: Massive protest in Nepal over Sandeep Lamichhane’s visa denial for T20 World Cup 2024

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *